The Extron SW2 USB, SW4 USB, and SW4 USB Plus are two- and four-input USB switchers that allow switching between multiple host devices and multiple USB peripherals. They provide integrator-friendly solutions for implementing USB 2.0 compatible switching in professional AV environments. A number of specialized features help further streamline integration, such as port status indication, RS-232 pass-through, front panel security lockout, and multiple control points. The SW4 USB Plus model features Host and Peripheral Emulation Mode, which provides “keep-alive” functionality by continuously mimicking host and keyboard/mouse communications within the switcher. This emulation eliminates the need for enumeration and reduces the chance of failed device communications throughout the switching process.
All of the SW USB Series switchers act as active USB hubs, supplying 5V, 500mA to attached devices, per USB specification. In addition, the switchers are USB 2.0 compatible and are backwards compatible with all previous USB data rate specifications, including low speed 1.5 Mbps, full speed 12 Mbps, and hi-speed 480 Mbps. RS-232 pass-through reduces RS-232 control port requirements by processing SIS commands within the SW USB while also passing them through to other controllable Extron audio and video switchers. The SW USB Series incorporates rack-mountable, 1U, half-rack width enclosures for simplified integration. All models include an external, universal power supply for worldwide power compatibility.
- Outputs: Four female USB type A connectors
- USB 2.0 compatible — Supports 480 Mbps high speed communications and is backwards compatible with all prior USB versions.
- Four port output hub with 5V, 500mA available on each output — Allows simultaneous connection to multiple peripheral devices such as mass storage devices, keyboards, mice, or other HID – Human Interface Devices. Attached devices can be powered via the provided 5V, 500mA available on each output.
- Port Status LEDs — Provides visual indication of port activity for enumerated peripherals and all connected and active host devices.
- Multiple control points — Operation via front panel, RS-232, and contact closure offers integration flexibility into a variety of control environments.
- RS-232 pass-through — Reduces RS-232 control port requirements by processing SIS commands within the SW USB while also passing them through to other controllable Extron video switchers.
- Front panel security lockout — Prevents unauthorized use in non-secure environments. In lockout mode, a special button combination is required to operate the switcher from the front panel.
- Rack-mountable, 1U half rack width metal enclosure
- Host and Peripheral Emulation Mode – SW4 USB Plus model — Offers increased system reliability by emulating uninterrupted connection between host and keyboard/mouse devices. This selectable feature enables devices to “keep alive” when switching between inputs.
- External Extron Everlast™ power supply included — Provides worldwide power compatibility with high‑demonstrated reliability and low power consumption
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7‑year parts and labor warranty