- Rich, saturated colours, clothing without logos or busy patterns.
- Keep jewellery to a minimum
- If you wear contacts or glasses, try to stick with contacts if you can as sometimes glasses can reflect the glare.
- Do also keep your background in mind, we prefer to use blue but just make sure the view is free of clutter.
- All black or all white. As the camera will boost the contrast.
- White is a bad choice because it can be too visually overwhelming and “blind” the viewer.
- Striped clothing may create a wavy rainbow-colored optical effect called a moire pattern, where competing patterns compete with each other for visual dominance.
- Also steer clear of plaid and polka dots – video conferencing is not the time for power clashing!